Powered by Playback Now
This session is not available for preview.
Please select another session
No Presenters Info is avaliable for this Session
Click on which handouts you would like to download. If your download does not start automatically then right-click (control + click on Mac) and "save as" to download them.
You must be logged in and have purchased access to this course to view/download the handouts.
- No handouts available for this course
ACP Internal Medicine 2013 Collection
Playback All Access NowPlayback All Access Now All New for 2013!
These packages include full online streaming and download access to the Scientific Program and the Pre-Course sessions along with presenters reference materials.
ACP Internal Medicine 2013 Package
Over 160 sessions presented by nationally-recognized experts. Comprehensive coverage of internal medicine, the subspecialties, and a wide range of related areas.
Complete Audio Package $749
Both MP3 CD and iPod Audio (7GB)
Complete AudioPoint Package $995
Both Computer AudioPoint and iPad Video (11GB)
- Cardiology: Acute Coronary Syndrome, Arrhythmias Abnormalities, Atrial Fibrillation
- Endocrinology: Low Testosterone, Hypothyroidism, Diabetes, Vitamin D, Osteoporosis
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology: Celiac Disease, Anorectal Disorders, IBD, Abnormal Liver
- Geriatric Medicine: Dementia, Geriatric Assessment, Persistent Pain, Urinary Incontinence
- Hematology: Hematologic Malignancies, Anemia, New Anticoagulants
- Infectious Diseases: Antibiotic Resistance, C. difficile Infection, Infection in the Traveler, Pneumonia
- Nephrology and Hypertension: CKD, Hypertension, Inpatient Electrolytes
- Neurology: Headache, Neurologic Emergencies, Dizzy Patient, Movement Disorders
- Oncology: Hereditary Cancer Syndromes, Cancer Risk Factors, Cancer Genomics, Prostate Cancer
- Pulmonary/Critical Care: COPD, Interstitial Lung Disease, OSA, Pulmonary Hypertension
- Rheumatology: Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Sports Medicine
- Women's Health: Breast Cancer, Contraception, Gynecology for Nongynecologists, Menopause
- Other topics include: Career and Professionalism, Clinical Pharmacology, Dermatology, Ethics and Health Policy, Health Information Technology, Medical Practice Management, Perioperative Medicine, Psychiatry and more.
Eight Pre-courses provide in-depth coverage of selected topics.
- Dermatology for the Internist (7 hours)
Expert faculty review common skin conditions that internists can easily treat without referral to a dermatologist. Appropriate steps for diagnosis (including biopsy techniques) and management of these conditions in the primary care setting will be discussed.
- Diabetes for the Internist (7 hours)
Faculty from across the United States present strategies for management of diabetes which differ depending on the characteristics of the patients and stage of disease. New ideas and concepts of the causes of obesity will be discussed. All issues are presented in practical terms and especially directed to internists who care for patients with diabetes.
- Orthopedics for the Practicing Internist (7 hours)
Expert faculty provide the knowledge and tools needed to correctly evaluate, diagnose, and treat most orthopedic complaints seen in the internal medicine office. Treatment of common conditions will be discussed, with special emphasis on a practical evidence-based, cost-effective approach to physical therapy and medical devices.
- Advances in Therapy (7 hours)
Nationally-recognized faculty present pearls to help the practicing internist use drug therapies in the most effective manner. Newer medications and new uses for older medications are discussed, with emphasis on common side effects. The "best therapy" for a wide range of diseases is covered.
- Cardiology for the Internist 2013, "The Key Points" (7 hours)
Expert clinician-educators provide an update of the diagnostic, preventive, and therapeutic approach to the patient at risk for, or with known cardiovascular disease. The focus is on cardiovascular disease issues that internists most frequently face.
- Hospital Medicine: From Admission to Discharge (7 hours)
The faculty, which comprises experienced hospitalists from across the United States, address issues in clinical inpatient care with a hospitalist perspective on management and process improvement. Discussion focuses on ideal medical management and explores how to minimize the risk for many nosocomial complications.
- Neurology for the Internist (7 hours)
Expert faculty address a broad view of the spectrum of neurologic disorders seen in the practice of internal medicine. Topics include the neurologic history and examination, headache, dizziness, altered mental status, and peripheral neurology.
- Critical Care Medicine 2013 (14 hours)
Outstanding faculty present the principles of diagnosis and management of common clinical problems and conditions encountered in the ICU. Emphasis is on the recognition of disease process, acute management of critical illness, and prevention of complications of critical illness in the critically ill adult patient.
- Audio Formats include:
MP3 - For use with your MP3 player or on your computer
iPod Audio - To use on a computer or download to your iPod
- AudioPoint formats include:
Computer AudioPoint or iPod AudioPoint - Audio Synced with PowerPoints for a virtual recreation of the session on DVD-ROM
- Reference Materials:
CD-ROM of presenter Reference Materials
This course does not currently have any reviews.